New “Normal” in Infection Control
In this COVID-19 Pandemic we am looking to add extra confidence in the safety and protection of us all. We all benefit from rigorous infection control. The cornerstone in a safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Janet or Dr. Mike and receive a straightforward answer.
We are here to provide dental care in a safe and comfortable environment as the CDC (Centers of Disease Control), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Minnesota Board of Dentistry mandate.
From following the traditional “universal precautions”:
- personal protection (safety eye-wear / masks /gloves / fluid resistant wear)..
- guidelines to complete sterilization of all instrumentation…infection control protocol in all operatories, laboratory, bathrooms, hallway, front office and waiting area…
- extensive hand-washing protocols for all staff members in place.
- meet the highest standard in training, including weekly sterilization equipment testing and annual training session with our OSHA and infection control compliance.
In addition to these ongoing changes in strict “universal precautions” guidelines and mandates and , we are pleased to announce these advancing techniques with equipment which are being added as an additional layer of safety to enhance our
“Aerosol Safety Protocol”
Vanguard Gold Mobile – Extra-oral Dental Suction for Aerosols
We are confident this Extra-oral Dental Suction System is a great addition to our Aerosol Safety Protocol. This system provides additional high volume removal of droplets and aerosols associated with dental care. With an extensive medical grade filtration system, the viral and germ products will be greatly eliminated.
…and the continued usage of the
DryShield All-in-One Isolation System
We are confident the DryShield, all-in-one isolation system is a product in our Aerosol Safety Protocol for over Two (2) years.
We have been using DryShield in all our operatory procedures from fillings, crowns, bridges, tooth extractions to other surgeries. Now with the recent health changes in our world demanding aerosol control, we are efficient and skillful in the DryShield usage. It is comfortable and relaxing for you, as the dental patient, to help stabilize your jaw and allowing the evaluation system to reduce most airborne particles, including bacteria, viruses, blood, amalgam, tooth structure in an efficient and safe manner while protecting your cheek and tongue from injury and aspiration or swallowing of material.
Dr. Janet or Dr. Mike will continue to investigate proven techniques and equipment to further advance our Aerosol Safety Protocol and other infection control measures to facilitate the care and protection of both our patients and ourselves.
Information is the best defense against disease. The more we know, the better equipped we are to make wise decisions about rendering dental treatment and the more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
For those of you who are interesting in more of the “technology side of the office,” I invite you to continue reading. The American Dental Association, with support from the Minnesota Board of Dentistry, has instituted new Standards of Care in response to COVID-19. These new Standards have been incorporated into our office and are designed to protect the health of patients and dental staff.
3M 8511, N95 Cool Flow Valve Mask and Face Shield
- The WHO and CDC have recommended use of this mask by dental professionals as a precaution for healthcare workers during dental interactions with patients.
Safe-Flo Saliva Ejectors
- These are flexible aspirator tips that have a one-way check valve designed to prevent backflow from the suction line.
- We have been using this device for over a year.
Optim 33 TB
- Surface cleanser and intermediate level disinfectant.
- Safe and effective against mycobacteria, viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
DentalPure from Crossttex
- This is an advanced clinical water treatment technology.
- We have been using this technology for over 2 years.
Solmetex NXT Hg5 Amalgam Separator
- The EPA has pronounced the “Dental Rule” regulation compliance deadline of July 14, 2020.
- The portion of this product which is important is the vacuum line cleaner with neutral pH and microbial formula to clean vacuum lines and tubing.
- We have been using this Separator since April 2016.
You can find additional information on the internet regarding these products and equipment.