Dientes de color rellenos/restauraciones
We use mercury-free composite fillings/restorations or porcelain/tooth colored inlays and inlays. Muchas personas tienen empastes de plata mercurio en sus bocas de años anteriores. These fillings are not particularly pleasing to the eye and can be replaced by tooth colored composites or porcelain inlays and tooth colored restorations (onlays).
We create fillings that are not only beautiful (or unnoticeable) but also add strength to weakened teeth. These restorations are aesthetically pleasing and very strong thanks to new bonding technologies.
Advantages of Tooth Colored Restorations
- Composite fillings are often completed in a single office visit and can significantly improve the appearance of a tooth. Sin embargo, since plastic resin is not as strong as your natural tooth enamel, es más probable que manchar, chip, o romperse que los dientes naturales.
- They typically last up to 10 years before needing repair or replacement with good oral hygiene.
- Some tooth colored composites contain fluoride, which can help prevent decay.
- The result is a beautiful smile!
Porcelain Inlays and Tooth Colored Onlays
- These bond to the teeth creating a tight, superior fit to the natural tooth.
- They can be used in instances when much of the tooth structure has been lost.
- The wear is like natural teeth and does not require placement at the gum line, which is healthier for your gums.
- Porcelain inlays and tooth-colored restorations (onlays) require two appointments:
Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed along with any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
At the lab: Resin is placed into the model of your teeth and designed to look natural.
Your Second Appointment:
- The temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth, and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is polished.
- Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel. They are stronger, and the tooth is protected!